Taking Action in Our Community
Shield’s is a Michigan born and bred company that has always believed strongly in supporting the communities that have supported our restaurants. We participate in a variety of community service events in the metro-Detroit area.
Shield’s 2012 highlights include:
- Raising $6,000 for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) through our 6th annual golf outing in August
- Feeding 300 homeless in association with Feed the Need in June
- Providing meals for 400 volunteers involved with Mitch Album’s 100 Houses Project in August
We at Shield’s have also been ardent supporters of and contributors to:
- Motor City Blight Busters
- Lighthouse of Oakland County
- Gilda’s Club of Metro Detroit
- Boys and Girls Club of Troy
- And many more!
Encouraging our youth
Shield’s works with high schools to promote and award academic achievement. Our Food for Thought program rewards graduating seniors of participating high schools who achieve a grade point average of 3.5 or better with a Shield’s gift certificate.
High school sports programs are also a Shield’s priority. In an effort to promote teamwork and success, Shield’s hosted a dinner for the members and coaches of the Brother Rice High School varsity football team in recognition of their Class A Championship.
Contact your nearest Shield’s regarding fundraising opportunities. Shield’s will donate a portion of the proceeds from your gathering to your favorite organization! Ask a manager for details.
Community Service Award
We are proud to be named State Winner – Restaurant Neighbor Award for outstanding community service by the National Restaurant Association.